Benefits of Homeownership
Achieve the American Dream
Academy Mortgage is honored to play a part in helping you achieve the dream of homeownership. It’s not just a tagline at Academy; we firmly believe that what we do has a noble purpose and that we exist to help make the benefits of homeownership a reality for as many people as possible.
The Benefits of Homeownership
- Tax savings. Mortgage loan interest may be deducted from your state and federal income taxes, which is not an option available to renters. (Consult a tax professional about the tax savings benefits of homeownership.
- Stability. Fixed mortgage payments (principal and interest) will not change during the loan term whereas rent payments may increase annually.
- Build equity. Owning a home long term allows equity to build and thus your home investment to grow. Equity can be used to secure a loan or obtain a line of credit for home improvements, cash for emergencies, or big-ticket items.
- Appreciation. Houses may increase in value or appreciate over time.
- A place to call your own. Owning a home allows you the freedom to adapt your living space to your tastes and lifestyle and gives you a feeling of permanence in your community.